top of page
  • Writer's pictureLawrence Lore

Two Graduates--BTHS

In 1896 the Bridgeport High School produced its first graduating class which consisted of only two members, but the number gradually increased until it reached nine by 1906. There was no graduating class from 1906-1910 due to the fact that the school was not an accredited one. By 1910 a new high school building was completed and considered a township high school. In 1911 it was put on the State's accredited list. By 1926, the graduating classes had increased in number from 13 to 83.



Photo of building as shown in the 1927 year book, known as the Blue and White.

147 views

Recent Posts

See All

Stamping out Tuberculosis

Tuberculosis was the leading cause of death in the early 20th century. Doctors were treating this dreaded disease at special hospitals called sanitariums. The sale of Christmas seals (stamps) began in

Comments


bottom of page