top of page
  • Writer's pictureLawrence Lore

Curl on the Top

After a delay because of a late shipment of equipment, The Dairy Queen located at the south Lawrenceville city limits on IL State Highway 1 finally opened in June 1950. Mr. and Mrs. R H Winget were the proprietors. Winget was formerly a resident of Lawrenceville and the brother of Mrs. W W Gould and Dick Winget.  He lived in Oklahoma for several years. Before moving back to Lawrenceville, Winget had operated a restaurant in Clay City.


The newspaper ad for the opening noted that “The Dairy Queen will specialize in the cone with the curl on top.”



109 views

Comments


bottom of page