Monuments and Markers of Lawrence County

Lincoln Courthouse plaque location
Lincoln Courthouse plaque location
press to zoom
Historical site location
Historical site location
press to zoom
Revolutionary War soldiers plaque
Revolutionary War soldiers plaque
press to zoom
Revolutionary War plaque location
Revolutionary War plaque location
press to zoom
Courthouse millstones location
Courthouse millstones location
press to zoom
Courthouse millstones plaque
Courthouse millstones plaque
press to zoom
Chevron sign north location
Chevron sign north location
press to zoom
Chevron sign south location
Chevron sign south location
press to zoom
Library millstones location
Library millstones location
press to zoom
Library millstones plaque
Library millstones plaque
press to zoom
Elks stone plaque
Elks stone plaque
press to zoom
Chevron sign north
Chevron sign north
press to zoom
Chevron sign south
Chevron sign south
press to zoom
Red Hills Trace location
Red Hills Trace location
press to zoom
Red Hills Trace plaque
Red Hills Trace plaque
press to zoom
Lincoln Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
press to zoom
Lincoln crossing story
Lincoln crossing story
press to zoom
Center of population marker
Center of population marker
press to zoom
To Victory, Feb. 25, 1779
To Victory, Feb. 25, 1779
press to zoom
George Field marker
George Field marker
press to zoom
George Field Marker
George Field Marker

The Lawrence County Historical Society erected and dedicated a marker commemorating George Field Army Air Training Center on November 4, 1984. D r. Isaac K. Beckes, President Emeritus, of Vincennes University gave the Invocation, and Dr. June Dollahan, then the President of the Society gave the welcome and introduced the guests. Mr. Stoy Fox, Mayor of Lawrenceville from 1945-1949, gave the dedication speech and presented the Memorial.

press to zoom
Fort Allison rock
Fort Allison rock
press to zoom
Fort Allison Stockade
Fort Allison Stockade
press to zoom