1113 State Street
1993-2007: Stoney’s Jewelry was located here.
1956-72: Black’s Jewelry & Gift Shop conducted business at this location for many years. George H., Vincent Black and Mary Black were the jewelers.
1942: Mr. Schmalhausen came to Lawrenceville about 1927 and worked with C. M. Ivy in his jewelry store, continuing to work with Mrs. Ivy following the death of her husband. After 8 years with this firm he opened a store on North 12th St and stayed there for 5 years until February 14, 1942 when he moved his Jewelry and Gift store from N. 12th St. to the North side of the square in the room formerly occupied by the Vogue Shop
1941: The Vogue Shop was located here.
1922: Thorn Clothing was owned by Wm Thorn. The store sold leather goods, clothing and shoes.
1823: On January 18, 1823, Samuel Harris purchased lot 15 and the lot directly north of this one, Lot 4, for $120. This provided him with access on Sugar/State Street directly north of, and across from, the courthouse, as well as on Walnut Street to the rear of his location.
1821: This location was part of Lot 15 on the Original Plat of Lawrenceville surveyed June 27, 1821, by John Dunlap. Each of the original lots had 78’10” frontage and was 113’4” deep. Sugar Street, the name later changed to State Street, was 82 ft. wide and the alley ways were 10 ft.