1100-1102 Jefferson Street
Present Day: Sign of the Kingdom-East. Donated clothing and household goods are sold to support this not-for-profit organization formed by the Area Ministerial Association to serve the needy of the County.
19??: J.C. Penney Store was closed.
1966: The store building was repainted as part of the Mayor’s Beautify Lawrenceville Campaign. Gerald C. Harper was the manager (1966-1972).
1954: The Penney’s Store was remodeled for the Company’s Golden Jubilee.
1933 -1956: E.A. Albright was the manager of the local Penney’s store.
1929: J C Penney Store opened in at this location with H.H. Pennock as manager.
19??-1929: Dr J E Connett’s Building was located on this lot. Gladys Hedde operated her Gift and Baby Shop here until the building was torn down to construct the building that is on the site today.
1922: Observe Dr Cornett's Office where Penny's now stands.
1800’s: Property owners in the 1800’s are being researched.