1108 B Jefferson Street

1108 B Jefferson Street

​​
(Middle section of building)

 

1941-1956 In 1950 Smith Sales & Service held a grand opening in this location but the city directory indicates the business was located there in 1941 with the store being managed by Chas. R Campbell. In 1952 Charles V. Kresge was the manager.  On September 27,1956, a newspaper ad announced that they had lost their lease and were moving east of Lawrenceville on US Highway 50.

 

The middle section was then combined with the section on the east side (left).

 

1939- 1941 The Davis Tire and Battery Co owned by Richard E. Davis, was located here prior to relocating August 28, 1941 to a building on West State St. Mr. Davis sold radios and bicycles as well as Goodrich tires and batteries.

     Call us:

618-943-3870

         or

618-943-2761

  • Wix Facebook page

© Lawrence County Historical Society 2019

Created by W3 Productions